Snake Catcher in Redlands
Stay Safe from Snakes with the help of a Snake Catcher in Redlands
Given the option of trying to catch or kill a snake yourself and calling a professional snake catcher in Redlands, always call the professionals. Australia is home to many venomous snakes, and South East Queensland is known for its venomous snake population. At SEQ Snake Catchers, we can help you deal with snakes safely and effectively—so that you don’t fall victim to one of these dangerous, deadly creatures.
The Importance of Professional Snake Removal in Redlands
If you live in the Redlands area—or anywhere in South East Queensland—it’s always a good idea to have a professional Redlands snake catcher on your speed dial. Here are a few reasons why:
- The most dangerous snakes in the world call this area home. There are more than 3,000 snake species in the world. South East Queensland is only home to 27 of those varieties, so you might think our chances of hosting the world’s most dangerous species are rather slim. Not so: three of the top five most venomous snakes on the planet call this area home, including the Eastern Brown—the second most venomous land snake in the world.
- Most snakebite deaths are avoidable. While this area is home to deadly snakes, that doesn’t mean people can’t coexist with them safely and peacefully. Snakes don’t seek out conflict. Ninety-five percent of all snake-on-human bites occur when people try to catch or kill snakes with no training on how to do so safely. Calling for professional snake removal in Redlands is a far better option than risking a potentially deadly bite.
- Snake catching requires a license. Many people don’t know that snake catching requires a license. Our team consists exclusively of catchers who have gone through the proper training process and earned the appropriate licenses to remove and relocate snakes and other protected animals. This license is required under the National Conservation Act of 2006.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding Reptile Removal in Redlands
If you do encounter a snake or some other uninvited reptile guest in your home or around your yard, be careful to avoid these common mistakes:
- Trying to catch or kill the snake yourself. As we’ve already established, you should not, under any circumstances, attempt snake removal on your own. There are people trained to perform safe reptile removal in Redlands.
- Not calling for help. If a snake has bitten you, call 000 immediately. While not all snakes are venomous, that doesn’t mean you should wait to feel any symptoms before calling for help. The sooner you dial 000, the better chances you will have of making a full recovery.
- Not keeping an eye on the snake. If possible, try to monitor the snake’s location as you call and wait for our reptile catchers in Redlands. Keep a safe distance and get all pets and people out of the immediate vicinity of the snake, but keep tabs on it. Snakes are small and can hide in many spots—particularly inside a house. If the snake slithers out of sight, it reduces our likelihood of catching it.
Why Customers Should Use SEQ Snake Catchers
When it comes to Australian snakes, it is always better to be safe than sorry. With a quick call to SEQ Snake Catchers, you can get a potentially dangerous snake out of your home and away from your property. Get in touch today to hire a snake catcher in Redlands.